We Need Your Help to Get TPS for Ecuadorians!
Last Wednesday, June 1st,New York Immigration Coalition joined over one hundred members of the Ecuadorian community, other legal service providers, and Council Member Daniel Dromm, outside of 26 Federal Plaza to urge U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson to designate Ecuador for Temporary Protected Status (TPS). An echo event was also held by NYIC members in Westchester, NY. Click HEREto learn more.
We need your help to get Temporary Protected Status for Ecuadorian communities in need.
On May 18th of this year, the Ecuadorian Government formally requested TPS designation for its nationals present in the United States after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake devastated the country on April 16th, 2016, while aftershocks have rocked Ecuador and hampered efforts to rebuild. Since the earthquake, the community has come together to spearhead relief efforts throughout the United States; especially in the wake of the aftershocks.
If TPS is granted to Ecuador, Ecuadorian immigrants present in the United States will be able apply for permission to stay in the U.S, work legally, and travel to Ecuador as they begin the work to rebuild their country.
Here's how you can help:
- Call the White House and tell them you call for them to designate Ecuador for Temporary Protected Status: (202) 456-1111
- Call Department of Homeland Security and tell them that TPS is necessary for Ecuadorians to help rebuild their country: (202) -282-8495
- Add your name to THIS PETITION.
- Tweet your support using hashtag #TPS4Ecuador. Tag the following handles in your tweets: @BarackObama, @POTUS,
Use the Sample Tweets Below!
- #TPS4Ecuador will help tens of thousands of #Ecuadorians to help their home country after the #EcuadorEarthquake
- In order to help rebuild and recover from the #EcuadorEarthqake, U.S #Ecuadorians need help. #TPS4Ecuador will provide some relief.
- We urge you to support #TPS4Ecuador - help U.S-based #Ecuadorians help their families at home. #EcuadorEarthquake
With your support, we can make TPS a reality for our Ecuadorian communities.
The Staff of the New York Immigration Coalition
P.S - Consider donating to the NYIC by clicking HERE to help us continue to advocate for New York's immigrant communities!