Support immigrant communities in their empowerment! Become an Immigration Navigator today!
"The (Navigator) training is indispensable in helping our communities to prepare and not panic during this moment of uncertainty, and protect them from fraud." - Immigration Navigator training participant
Immigration Navigators are individuals who support immigrant communities with Know Your Rights trainings and guidance on navigating the immigration system (e.g., preparing to meet with an immigration attorney).
Before entering their service, Immigration Navigators participate in a day-long training run by the NYIC. The trainings currently:
- cover topics such how to facilitate a Know Your Rights training for immigrants; immigration law; designing a family safety plan for potential interactions with law enforcement (e.g., ICE); fighting hate crimes; and much more.
- are free for nonprofit organizations! Local government agencies and for-profit organizations interested in attending should contact the email listed below for information on fees.
Upon completion, if attendees use any information from the training curriculum to voluntarily deliver their own trainings and info sessions to the communities they serve, they will work with the NYIC or with an NYIC member or partner organization to do so. All participants must adhere to a Statement of Principles, which is signed during the training.
If you have questions about the Immigration Navigator program, please email email@example.com.
REGISTER FOR AN UPCOMING IMMIGRATION NAVIGATOR TRAINING
Click on a training's hyperlink to register. More trainings will be added to this list on a regular basis.
- Thursday, April 20 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (New York City)
- Friday, April 21 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (New York City) (REGISTRATION FULL)
- Saturday, May 6 @ 10am - 6pm (Annandale-on-Hudson)
- Friday, May 12 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (Queens) (REGISTRATION FULL)
REQUEST TO HOST AN IMMIGRATION NAVIGATOR TRAINING
* We are inspired by the overwhelming interest from organizations around New York State in hosting Immigration Navigator trainings in their own communities. The application to host a training is currently offline as we prepare to run trainings well into late Spring and early Summer. Please check back regularly to see when the request form comes back online. *